As Things Reveal Themselves

What a week it has been for me. Let me tell you. Most of you know about the ill-fated podcast by Adam Gregory McKinley and Jon Duvall on the earlier part of this week. 

Additionally we also know about Adam's continued descent into obsessive madness at the fact he was upended by an article by Lordus and another by myself exonerating the target in question. He responded in kind by creating a fake profile named "Howard Baysmith," mainly because he has zero imagination and as much charisma as Dallas Wittgenfeld at a petting zoo.

But before that I had released an article for Samantha Lonewolf where I also interjected some of my own commentary as well. One of the reasons I added that commentary was because I was curious about something.

You see I have some information that passed into my hands some months ago at the outset of the story of Gary Lee. As such I had to name some major players in order to stir the pot up and see what response I might get. You see ever since the first couple of those stories covering Lee and his theft of the legacy of Lonewolf dropped I've been getting some attention over it. Specifically from some of the people in those pictures. 

Could this be because of a rank mill being in place? I have several things related to that we can discuss but they must wait for another time. Because today I had the unexpected pleasure of being able to eliminate three major names from that list. And it is with pleasure I am able to show that to you all today. Despite past reporting on the matter this day I was happy to see honesty and the fact a story never changed for him....even two years later. 

But someone's did consistently....and it wasn't the one you'd ever have thought. And as I always said you give praise where it is deserved. You always say what is right and provable. While this article may get me some hate it needs to be said in order for me to move forward.

With that said let's get moving along. It's time some things were made clear. 



As Things Reveal Themselves




by Gerald J. Greysmith


This week has been fun, I won't lie. From Adam Gregory McKinley starting his podcast with Jon Duvall, which was covered here and here by Lordus and myself....to an action packed phone call from Gary Lee of the Sports Karate Museum....to pushing him to admit to something he did long ago. 

Yes this week was full of work and many surprises. McKinley has of course continued his rants full-on as though fueled by Monster energy drinks and high-content bags of sugar.

 


Just some of the more priceless gems I've screencapped from our witless wonder
ever since the podcast up and accidentally got deleted on purpose or something.



For those wondering Cayce Lancaster and I have spoken by phone a few times this week in regards to this matter and just so my readers understand: he isn't worried. Adam has since gone on to claim he has a judge who is appearing on the show with him, has signed off on evidence, and even has a victim. He has been told to post it and don't even wait. I mean if the first podcast held up to such scrutiny why would it need to be accidentally deleted? In other words Cayce has shown me he has the full file on the matter and is waiting another week to see what happens with these two. He is eagerly anticipating the rest of the story especially the part where he went to prison. 

 

Firmly convinced Cayce is in Georgia based on a location 
automatically updated by Tik Tok. 

How can one stand against such sleuthing?

It also didn't help that just the other day as I was out hiking I posted a Tik Tok online. Seems it geosynced me near an RV park in Kennesaw where I reside close to and suddenly Adam is now firmly convinced Cayce resides there and that we are, in fact, the same person. My advice to him is I wouldn't harass a business from out of State. But then again it will probably fall on deaf ears at this point. So like with all things Adam I say have at it. You did such a bang-up job on everyone else you ever went after in your heroic shenanigans. 

I mean....I'll just share it around like I did the podcast. Cayce has nothing to worry about nor hide. Adam says he has a victim? A judge? Sorry, boys. You have to get an attorney to get those official documents. I know this because....well....let me stop there because that's Cayce's part to tell. 


But what good did stirring the pot with all those photos do?

Good question. I was asked by some readers why I added in three particular people. 


  




While I am well aware most people by now are familiar with these three men let me explain as to why they appear here yet again after just a few days.

You see ever since I launched the first stories about Gary Lee, Donald Miskel and the truth regarding Samuel Lonewolf I have been bombarded with calls from various people. A lot of the information coming in has been proven, I knew it or I was able to track and verify it afterwards. But some of it never added up.

Like Hackworth. Not one time have I ever been privy to a list where he sat on the Black Dragon Fighting Society. Hatfield was, at one time, a member. He praised Dux on a separate site he ran for one of his many organizations. And Gordon has never left the side of Hatfield and is Hackworth's business partner. No matter the misgivings many have of these three based on past actions or whatnot you cannot make stuff up about them. And that is what brought me to this point now.

Back in May 2020 Bret Gordon came to my predecessor's attention when he wrote an article titled "Pot, Meet Kettle," where he insisted that former blogger and Judo coach Barron Shepherd was a fraud. While this was debunked across the board and Gordon has to this day refused to readily admit it, there is a part in this story where Gordon can actually shoulder no blame whatsoever. 

"Whatever system Lonewolf taught, his inheritor Gary Lee told us he has no record of Barron studying any of it."

This is taken directly from Gordon's blog post on the matter. And he is almost right actually. You see when Greg and Cayce spoke to Gordon way back in the Summer of 2020 Gordon told them in the phone call that his teacher, Steven Hatfield, reached out to Gary Lee to confirm the claim that Barron had trained with Sam Lonewolf and was a black belt under him. Gary of course couldn't confirm it. 

Because he himself never truly trained with Lonewolf. He also didn't have what Barron had, which he also passed to Gerald Greysmith...,a complete list of black belts which carries Barron's name but not Gary Lee's. 

And why would Gordon fall for this? Well as he admitted in the article information on Sam Lonewolf was very vague and almost nonexistent. But what you could find was numerous articles and posts by Gary Lee about being the inheritor. He had no reason to doubt Lee in his claims nor did his teacher, Hatfield.


Taken directly from Lee's on social media, this is what he presented to Gordon and Hatfield as proof he inherited the system of martial arts from Sam Lonewolf.


In several emails back and forth between myself and Lee, as well as Lee and Samantha, he told differing stories in regards to Gordon. Part of this was Samantha and I wanted him to be honest with everyone. And while Gordon and I will never, ever be more than cordial at this point due to reasons everyone knows....I will not tell a lie regarding him. And even Gordon has to admit that at this point neither myself nor Greg ever did that nor am I about to start.

For example in one email to Samantha he stated he had reached out to Gordon. But in a separate one to me he stated he had never heard of him...which was sent after the previous one to Lonewolf's daughter. It seemed he was trying to pass the buck and avoid having to admit he lied to Bret Gordon two years ago when he wrote his own blog post. 

He allowed Gordon to run with fraudulent information he provided to back claims he made. Claims that really without Samantha and her documentation could not have been verified unless someone saw the entire black belt listing. 

A listing that Gordon didn't have and cannot be blamed for. It falls back to Lee on that point. 

And so it was in a phone call the other day I insisted Gary Lee call Bret Gordon as well as email him and admit that he told him a falsehood about being the inheritor. 


In this call Gary Lee reported to have never heard of Bret Gordon. 
Yet two years ago he told my predecessor he spoke to 
Hatfield over the phone about thematter regarding 
the claims of his inheritorship.


Lies From Enemies on Enemies....what to do?

What I am about to do may surprise a lot of people. But let me be clear. You must always do the right thing above all else. I have no problem in stating regardless of one's personal feelings towards one another I won't let someone lie on another person. Even if it is Gordon or his friends...hell it could be a raving lunatic. Right is right. You only hold people accountable to what they are truly responsible for. 

And this here tells me what I had thought was true all along....that what the other BDFS members were spouting about Gordon, Hatfield and Hackworth was untrue.  And seeing as the only evidence I have stems to show they aren't....well...

Like this email from Lee to Gordon....


Yes, yes it's hard to follow. Bear with me, the meat and potatoes are coming.


In return I received this email from Samantha Lonewolf on the matter also pointing out something very important:


Mr. Greysmith,

Over the past several months I've read more posts and articles on the net and social media and emails about my father, Sam Lonewolf. His personal history and experience in the martial arts has been infused with deliberately misleading falsehoods and outright lies by the likes of Mr. Gary Lee and a Mr. Don Miskel!  They drop my father’s name to give credence to self-inflated ranks and falsely claim to have high rank bestowed upon them by my father.  The truth is and by their own admissions they have embellished the time spent, which was none at all, training with him.

Mr. Miskel claimed that my father and he crossed ranked students and now Mr. Lee has added this same claim in his most recent email. Mind you neither one of these gentlemen has offered a shred of proof of this “cross ranking” agreement. They have however distributed fake rank certificates with forged signatures promoting a lot of people to judan under my father’s name.

Mr. Lee promoted himself to tenth degree by fabricating a certificate from my father AFTER he passed away. He thought he would be slick and back date it to 2006.  However Mr. Lee didn’t realize when he fabricated this certificate that my father was only a 8th dan. Then in 2020 Mr. Lee went so far as to go online and disparage one of my father's actual longtime black belts. This was done by Mr. Lee in an attempt to set himself up as the sole inheritor of my father's system on someone's blog. The only person that the writer of that blog could have gotten that information from was Mr. Lee himself. Mr. Lee was the only one making such claims online and on his Facebook. No one else was.

Mr. Lee also claims that my father taught him certain things at seminars. He has not to this day shown on shred of proof that he had my father over for a seminar or that he attended any functions. This is one of many “stories” of his that I highly doubt and am very suspicious of. My father was only known to have attended his grandson’s judo tournaments. He passed on all other martial arts functions and it was known that he caught some flak from people for not attending these functions.

Allow me to be very clear here, a few hours spent in a seminar situation like Mr. Lee claims, does not translate to being someone's Sensei, much less "inheriting" someone’s system. It certainly didn’t give Mr. Lee the right to promote people using my father’s name in any capacity whatsoever. Mr. Lee never had the authority or right to even promote someone to a kyu rank in my father's system.

After nine years of claiming he had inherited my father’s system now Mr. Lee caught in his lies attempts to spin what he meant by claiming he meant by inheritance. I think any rational and somewhat educated person knows what they word inheritance implies and it isn’t the way Mr. Lee currently tries to explain it. Again he is looking to spin things to avoid  fault and taking responsibility for his very purposeful and misrepresentations.

Mr. Lee, Mr Miskel and the Black Dragon Fighting Society.... My Father told them that he wanted nothing to do with them quite frankly because of the lies that were permeating thru that organization. He wanted nothing to do with them. Mr. Lee was involved with them during this time. I have the emails that show my father’s disdain with what certain members were doing.  He saw that they were inserting themselves into other’s histories and claiming that they were there when they were not. My father figured then that they might try and attempt to insert themselves into his. This is why he did what he did with his system to protect it from being hijacked. Lastly Mr. Miskel in his email to me Mr. Miskel admitted that he had never trained with or ever been to my father’s house or dojo.

Now the Gelinas certificate; I have compared the handwriting to other certificates issued by Mr. Miskel and it appears to be his. Mr. Gelinas did not ever train with my father, the person who signed off on his certificate Lee Lawrence, no such person has ever trained with my father either he isn’t on my father’s council or blackbelt list and neither is this Mr. Gelinas. He should probably seek out who ever actually issued him the certificate. It certainly wasn’t my father.

I think most can and would understand this. Training in a system under someone takes years of direct in person training!  My father taught and promoted only his own students of long standing in his system. All others have no claim, no exceptions!

I am not going to lie, Mr. Lee was asked to return everything of my father’s to the family his attitude was that he would burn it all first before he returned my father’s items to the Lonewolf family. These items by his own admission sat in a green bag or suitcase in the garage. He sent me an email saying they were burned, destroyed. I will not forget what Mr. Lee said and it will not be forgiven.

I don't care how many ways Mr. Lee, Mr. Miskel or other's try to spin things, they never represented my father or his system in ANY capacity at all. They had no claim legal or otherwise to his system or anything else that belonged to my father. They weren't my father's friends close or otherwise. They stole from the Lonewolf family and took advantage of my father after he passed. This is the long and short of it.


Samantha Lonewolf


Even Samantha is seeing what I was at this point. Gary Lee knew full well that he provided fraudulent information to Bret Gordon with the sole purpose to build himself up as the sole inheritor of the Lonewolf system.

Then also today I received, surprisingly from Gordon himself, this email he sent to Gary Lee:

Hello Mr. Lee,

Thank you for reaching out, however I must say I am deeply disappointed in the way you are handling this issue. The only mention in any of my articles of you is the following sentence from the article "Pot, Meet Kettle"

"Whatever system Lonewolf taught, his inheritor Gary Lee told us he has no record of Barron studying any of it."

You being named as Lonewolf's inheritor in that article is due to information publicized by you over many years, as well as what you told my instructor, Steven Hatfield, over the phone when he contacted you directly to discuss Mr. Shepherd in 2020. While you have certainly started scrubbing the internet to remove any reference claiming to be his inheritor, there are countless screenshots and posts still available, including this statement from your LinkedIn profile which has since been deleted but screenshots exist:

"Inherited Hawaii Kosho Kenpo Karate Jiu Jitsu style 2013"

You cannot honestly tell me in this statement you are simply claiming he showed you a few techniques and that's what you meant by inheriting the system. Therefore, I will not simply delete your name from the article but I will absolutely write a retraction of that statement as a separate article if you'd like, detailing the history of your inheritance claim and the manner in which you carried yourself. I will also detail how that claim fell apart from even the slightest of scrutiny, and while I have no intention on siding with Mr. Greysmith on anything, as someone who has legitimately inherited a system from my instructor (whether anyone believes that system was created by Hatfield sensei or by his instructor, it cannot be disputed that it has since been passed down to me) I am appalled that someone would claim to have such an intimate relationship with an instructor that they barely knew. People like you make those in my position a target and make all of us look bad. 

So if that is the route you'd like to go, let me know and I will begin working on said retraction. But as I said, I am deeply disappointed that a man of your stature is running for the hills and entering into panic mode over the fact that someone has scrutinized your claims. It makes me wonder...

Yours In The Arts,


Bret Gordon

Founder of San Budo Sogo Bugei

Headmaster of American Yoshinkan Aiki Jujutsu

President of the American Jidokwan Association

www.TrioMartialArts.com

www.AmericanYoshinkan.com 

www.AmericanJidokwan.com  


To be fair Gordon it isn't just a small amount of scrutiny he came under. No, he and Miskel all seem to be under quite a bit from folks. I've written no less than six on the matter myself not counting this one. I've also stated multiple times anyone with one of those certificates issued by them or their friends should demand an immediate refund. 

And Gordon said the same thing I have said all along. Lee has made it clear on his claims for years since Lonewolf passed away. On that note Gordon remains steadfast on that statement to this day. Besides unless someone knew who Lonewolf was they would never have looked anywhere else. 



Just think Bret that if you hadn't written that article two years ago, no matter the intentions, you couldn't have helped bust wide open this entire affair. Because it helped bring to light to the Lonewolf family the very claim Gary made. I guess you deserve a gold star. 





While Gordon and I will never see eye-to-eye about his claims, nor did he do so with Greg, it's as I said...right is right. Gary lied. And if not for Gordon's own scathing article on Barron Shepherd we would never be here today facing down what is probably a rank mill.

His email says something else to me as well that I'd like to explain.

To quote information given to me that I won't reveal the source to at the moment because, well, I want to allow Gordon time to write his own article on the matter regarding what Gary did, I will give this much away:

"Bret Gordon and Richard Hackworth are selling certificates for those in the BDFS and have been given certificates by them with Lonewolf's signature on them." -- end quote from source.


Bret Gordon, Steven Hatfield and Richard Hackworth have been accused of a lot of things with many of them proven. But selling ranks with Lonewolf's signature on them? Not once in all of their love-me walls or rank certificates presented have I ever seen one of them presented nor claimed. So unless he has one hidden in a drawer somewhere I will say that's a negative. The same goes for Richard Hackworth. And finally the same goes for Steven Hatfield.

At this point I say again: any certificates issued by anyone other than Sam Lonewolf or one of his black belts listed on his family tree, or issued after his death in 2013, are NULL AND VOID.

Gentlemen I say this as an aside: currently no evidence has come out that any of you three have one. If you do, destroy it. Never let it see the light of day. I am not saying you DO, I am saying IF.

I'd estimate by Gordon's email response to Lee this is hardly the case and without evidence I won't even let it be entertained until evidence surfaces. Gordon has his own issues with regards to things in the past regarding his own claims but not with regards to this. He even makes mention of these things in the email he sent. But this isn't about that. It's about clearing him, Hatfield and Hackworth from being associated with the others on that list in my article (unless evidence arises to show they are.)

You're welcome, Bret. I kept the promise of Gerald Greysmith. He truly is an idea. Someone actually did lie on you and you got defended by me, the one person on the planet you hate more than anyone else. 

And don't say it isn't true. You and I both know you hate me with a passion. But put that aside for now. Write the article of Gary as well. Send it to me and I'll even post the link for all to see. I think you're owed at the very least an apology for what happened, don't you?


Where is the link between them all, then?

Gary Lee and this story has been a stepping stone towards a larger project. For a long time I've known that many of these people were networking, cross-ranking, and involved in what is essentially a giant circle-jerk. And yes, Steven Hatfield and Richard Hackworth are tagged in multiple posts by Frank Dux, Dallas Wittgenfeld, or Bodhi Sanders. I have screencaps of Gordon and Hackworth in the Ban BSMA group headed by David Richardson. But being tagged in a post or belonging to a group isn't the only requirement to be linked to one another. 

No, I need just a bit more.

When I posted that list the other day the usual customers responded. But not these three. Not until Lee emailed Bret as you see above, that is. No I believe now that either they have no connection or if they do/did they have dissolved it some time ago. And the only one with a verifiable connection at any point was Steven Hatfield. 

Sorry, Steven. You did have Dux posted on your bio at one time. You have since removed it or disclaimed it for whatever reason. I'd argue that's a good thing.

Lee, however, as well as many on that list I posted DO have a link directly to the top. And a few who I never mentioned have reached out.

Gary Lee has a well-known connection to the BDFS through his posts, praises and pictures with many of the members. He has been on podcasts with Ashida Kim (this is recorded fact) and he has been seen even recognizing them in his Sports Karate Museum. 

 
 

Personally at this point I believe this is the story of how it all happened:

When Sam Lonewolf died in 2013 after a long battle of health issues his grieving family was fooled by Gary Lee to obtain the items in question. I believe he was sent there by Donald Miskel and other higher-ups in the BDFS because it was a well-known fact Sam HATED them all and what they did to some of his friends. Who were the other higher ups? Well if sources inside that rabble prove true (not the ones who said the trio mentioned above were involved) but a true and known source....well it would go all the way to Frank Dux among others. 

Gary Lee is standing here being the scapegoat not only for my articles and Samantha, but for Bret Gordon, his teacher and his partner. At this point all the blame is being left on him to shoulder. If I were him I'd come clean at this point. Gordon and I do agree on another point about what the term "inheritance" means. 

I see none of them sticking up for him at all. Miskel attempted to at the outset but in true fashion when he realized Samantha wasn't going to play with him nor entertain his lies he tucked tail and ran away while admitting he, too, never really knew Sam. This despite having a high ranking black belt and a claim to have trained with Sam Lonewolf on his training resume, the email has been made public in earlier articles.

And this is what made me post those pictures the other day. I already had an idea these men mentioned here today had nothing to do with it. Nothing linked them as yet that I could find. And no matter how many BDFS members and students reached out to clear their names and stated that Gordon and his friends were involved, I never was presented proof of that as fact. 

But the assault from McKinley and Duvall are quite telling....very telling indeed....


I'm still waiting, sweetie. I wonder if Jon
has accidentally deleted anymore podcasts today....



As My Week Ends

As I said...what a week. To get this kind of exposure on so many levels, the amount of support for what we do, and the chance to show we have integrity....it all kind of comes at you at once. And while I haven't been doing this near as long as my mentor did or even Cayce Lancaster I feel overwhelmed and know now what he meant to me when he said, "a life like no other."

Being Gerald Greysmith has its downsides, sure. You really forsake a personal life in terms of normality because of all the insanity you deal with. But knowing you did the right thing is always a plus. It matters....a lot. The thanks you get make it all worth it. You have to do the right thing at all times....even when it is with regards to someone who would never do it for you.

It doesn't matter. You tell the truth regardless. This is something a lot of the people I've encountered in doing this have never learned. You can just see they aren't true to themselves nor do they care how they hurt others. And that's why people like Gerald and Lordus exist, why folks like Don Roley and groups like BSMA exist...it's what makes us do what we do. You may not always agree with everything that goes on in them. Heck I even have to remind myself to not be immature at times but I'd rather meet a challenge head-on than sit back and allow someone to lie, cheat or steal from anyone.

And as for the upcoming week we shall see if McKinley follows through on his ridiculous claims he says he has in store for me next. He can't even pinpoint where Cayce lives. To be honest we will deal with it as it arises. It isn't like we are afraid. And proof was obtained long, long ago. 

It won't stop me. I have a job to do and I will continue onward as I go because I made a promise not only to my mentor and his best friend almost two years ago now, but to anyone who asks me for help. Gerald Greysmith stands for truth and honesty, integrity and being transparent. And as long as I can do that I will...you can all rest assured of that. 

See you all soon.



#restoretheduvallverse



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Friends Like These (Part One) - The Blunder Chicken

Out of Thin Air: The Search for Hasaka Yutashi

"Where Did It All Go?"